Monday, August 24, 2009

One Man's Opinion

Enough already with the preseason games.... I am thankful that we do not have a pro team in LA so I would be tempted to get season tickets and then have to find some sucker to take my tickets and go to the preseason games.... 2 should be the max on preseason games, but then again economics might dictate why we have those games, but are any of you watching it.... I once watched all of the games for fantasy purposes and I picked players who were running all over the field but when the season started they never played.... That was my worst fantasy year in picking my team... Sometimes ignorance is bliss.... Is it true that the Minor League baseball league known as the National League finally has a Major league team in St. Louis.... I know Philidephia won last year but come on do you really think they came from a Major League.... Anyone can win in a baseball game just ask Tommy Lasorda with his 1988 worlds championship team.... The big hitter on that team was Mickey Hatcher.... So, a blind squirrel really can find an acorn from time to time, but the National League has been so inferior for so long it is ridiculous.... Are the Angels the Braves from the American League.... They constantly win their pennant but get beaten quite handily in the playoffs, by anything that has a sox in it, namely Red and White.... They do have the Yankees number.... Believe me the Bronx Bombers do not want to play the Angels.... Have you notice that Manny Ramirez just isn't hitting as well since his two month rest.... I would sure love to see Roger Clements pitch after the so call 2 month layoff.... The Red Sox let him go at the time he was over the hill and did not expect him to hit the steroids (aledgely, ha! ha!) route.... This is the 20 year celebration, I know that it is an aniversery, but to me it is a celebration of Pete Rose being ban from baseball.... I loved watching him play, I hated the Big Red Machine but did admire them as a Dodger fan, but his arrogance and thumbing of his nose of the great sport of baseball by gambling on baseball was too much.... Let him sink to baseball hell....

1 comment:

  1. You can know nothing about sports (like me!) - and find that enjoyable. Thanks for the entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete