Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am for free enterprise except in sports

I have no problem with the free enterprise.... I believe that we should let capitalism go as fast and long as it can because we all benefit from that kind of a format.... That is with everything but sports.... I would love if atheletes were put on a salary plan that works for the owner, athletes, but especially for the consumer.... If a great athlete was to make for example $500,000 a year then they would be able to live a comfortable life and the owner could make the profit that they see that they need to make to keep the product on the field and a family could afford to go to the games because the seats would be a lot less expensive.... What a crime that an uneducated gifted athlete is burden with making so much money that they have no concept of responsibility.... You see athletes all the time spending money wrecklessly and for what, self indulgence to the point that there is no control and people's lives are destroyed.... I will grant you that there special skills should allow them to live very comfortably, but what can the typical athlete do with 20 million a year.... I know they say that they can provide for there family properly, but give me a break, their children seem to be bogged down with the molasses of wealth that will never give them any indication to reality.... Now if an athlete invests his money or starts a new business and is making more money that way then I say have at it you have earn everything you have gotten with your risk and work.... But an athlete generally speaking is a person who has never really had to figure life out so why don't we limit there finances to a sum that benefits everyone and yet allows them to be able to still worry about budgeting and making correct choices on how they spend there money..... Bill Gates can make as much money as he can because he has really created jobs, and opportunities galore.... Athletes entertain, owners invest and the public needs it, but should not be metaphorically bleed in it.... My dad took me to 32 Laker games back in 1963 on a barbers's income.... It cost 75 cents for the game and a dollar to park.... Today I am fortunate because I spend most of my time watching ball games on HD TV with my children.... But it just worries me that the NFL owners might possibly make football games paid per viewbecause they are trying to make the proper ammount of profit on their investment.... And yet the owners pay the athletes and the beat goes on.... I want to warn the owners though, I used to be an advid boxing fan.... I use to watch all of the championship fights, but since they have been put on Pay Per View, I have stopped watching and now I really don't care who is doing what in the fight world.... Thank goodness for ESPN Classic channel so I can get my boxing fix by seeing the likes of Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Muhammed Ali, Joe Frasier and others... That's really not so bad....If football doesn't watch itself, I will end up watching Joe Montanna and John Elway again on the classics and I will not know who is playing today.... This fan really can say enough is enough if I get pushed hard enough..... The world is topsy turvey though, because I even live at a time that many people view the Constitution as burden of a document and wants to change it or get rid of it, so I will strap my seat belt and get ready for the ride in the future...... Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Are they really thinking about putting football on pay-per-view? Big mistake....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can all attest that you give us 500,000 a year and our family will have a roof over their heads and food on the table only difference is the kids mission and college funds would be plentiful.

    ReplyDelete